We did the MDA turn around last week for post-chemo scans and a visit with Dr. Arujuo. Here’s the long and short of it:
1. Lab work is ok, if you consider less than 6000 red blood cells in your body ok – which, apparently it is.
2. Trent’s heart is functioning fine according to his echocardiogram.
3. CT scan show little to no change in any tumors. No growth, no shrinking.
4. Both of Trent’s doctors recommend 2 months off of chemo before he starts the daily pill Votrient. There might be some growth in that time and a month’s is about as far as we can go with no chemo.
5. A lot of people, young, old and in-between, have cancer. No discrimination there.
6. We are finally going to plan a honeymoon aka probably a couple of days in New Orleans.
7. Kids are holding steady, if not more sensitive than normal – especially Gavin. It might be a phase. We’ll see. Cole is getting huge and Lily and Brinna are doing great.
8. I think I reached my max capacity. School started, then chemo, then Houston combined with kid-germs and I’m writing this from minor emergency – not because I have a minor emergency but because I am sick and I haven’t had time to find a doctor of my own. Such is life.
That’s pretty much what we know. We are going to spend the next 2 months enjoying EVERYTHING.
Posted by Adrienne Gibson
Hosted by WordPress